Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Attention Spans, or Lack Thereof

As I understand it there is little solid research to demonstrate the alleged shortened attention span of millennials due to their increasing reliance on electronic devices. Writers such as Nicholas Carr have presented compelling arguments to advance the theory, but it seems the scientific community is far from agreeing on the subject. Indeed, I have seen some studies that suggest more of a subject's brain is engaged while playing a video game than when doing deep text reading. However, in my world of True Archives I don't have to cite factual studies. It is my opinion that the digital age is making us stupid, and that Information Scientists revel in the growing dependency on their Frankenstein monsters.


No comments:

Post a Comment